Sarah Palin posted the following status on her Facebook page at 5:45pm on Tuesday, April 1st, 2014, April Fools day. Though the post indicates that is has been edited it's still a little word-salady, so you may want to skim it and move on:
My Own Final Four Bracket For America’s Future
Holy Moly! Are you kidding? You’d think one who is representing the mighty Badgers, who made it to the Final Four based on sacrificial work ethic and discipline that obviously pays off in the end, he who represents the great state of Wisconsin that hosts this underdog celebrated college basketball team, would understand that future success depends on hard work and sacrifices. The latest Ryan (R, Wisconsin) Budget is not an April Fool’s joke. But it really IS a joke because it is STILL not seeing the problem; it STILL is not proposing reining in wasteful government overspending TODAY, instead of speculating years out that some future Congress and White House may possibly, hopefully, eh-who-knows, take responsibility for today’s budgetary selfishness and shortsightedness to do so. THIS is the definition of insanity. Do we still not understand how dangerous it is to allow government to grow unchecked as we shackle ourselves with massive debt – a good portion of which is held by foreign nations who don’t necessarily like us? If we can’t balance the budget today, what on earth makes us think it will happen at some future date? The solution is staring us in the face. We need to rein in spending today, and don’t tell me there is nothing to cut when we know every omnibus bill is loaded with pork and kickbacks. Reading the article linked below gave me the same reaction that my daughter just caused when she punked me with a very unfunny April Fool’s Day announcement. As my Dad would say after these April Fool’s announcements, “This would kill a lesser man.” This out-of-control debt is killing our economic future.- Sarah Palin
Okay, couple things:
- I've heard several stories this morning mentioning what Sarah Palin wrote, and I searched all day for the original source. Note to media reporter types, a Facebook post doesn't really qualify as news, so you should have mentioned that up front, but then you probably figured nobody would have given it any credence at all, because most thinking people know that a Facebook post is not really news. Facebook posts are rather, things you write so that your friends will read them and like them, because they are, after all, your friends, but they certainly aren't news.
- This is the definition of insanity? I beg to differ, though my first thought would be, you, Sarah Palin should know what insanity is, because you are most probably insane; this is more accurately, a cacophony of unrelated ideas haphazardly strung together in your signature bird-shot style. It does not surprise me however, that you don't know the definition of insanity, your general command of the english language demonstrates that you don't know the meanings of most words.
- Paul Ryan's plan is a joke because it doesn't go far enough? Are you kidding? Did you actually read it? Paul Ryan's plan is a joke because Paul Ryan is a joke, but how could you really believe it doesn't go far enough?
- Hard work and sacrifice? Who are you, what have you sacrificed? You catapulted to stardom because, quite frankly, nobody knew who you were. Once you lost, you quit your job as Governor, I guess because that spotlight no longer had any lustre. You were paid $1,000,000 by Fox News, to become a contributor, but they finally decided, after paying you $15.85 per word, that you really had nothing to say. That aint sacrifice, that's dumb luck.
- You just had to get shackle in there didn't you. Wouldn't be a Palinism without a racist dog whistle somewhere therein.
- The larger question here though, is why does anyone care what Sarah Palin thinks about anything? You, Ms. Palin are not a political force to be reckoned with, you are not a journalist who's opinion's should be sought or republished, you are, at best a spokesmodel. You got the nomination because, just like Dan Quayle, the party big wigs thought it would be enough to float a little eye candy for the uninformed populace, and those desiring to copulate with you, if only in their dreams, would in turn vote for you. In fact however, you proved too flighty, too roguish, and too unpredictable for the average man to sacrifice his integrity merely to waste a wet dream on you. So my question at this point, is if you are to remain the folksy, sexy it-girl of the Republican party who the informationally challenged are supposed to want to fuck, aren't you going to have to fuck somebody at some point, just to keep the illusion going?