Donald Trump has recently amassed enough pledged delegates to secure the republican party nomination. This, despite the fact that the only ideas he has forwarded, are racist, homophobic and hateful rants about who he would like to see barred and or deported from the America that he no longer feels is great. The race then, being apparently over, republicans across the land have vowed "I will support the party's nominee". Although for years, everyday average republicans have been willing to ignore aspects of the propaganda that has become the republican party mainstream, let's be clear this time, this is NOT your father's republican party. You see, since the 1990's the Republican Party meme has been that the way to win the hearts and minds of America is to consistently become more and more conservative, tracking farther and farther to the right. An unfortunate side effect of this rightward creeping movement, was that mixed in with these new conservative voices, there were a few haters. As the voices of hate grew louder, the more moderate Republican voices seemed to fade farther into the background until eventually, the voices of hate and despair became the predominate orators of the Republican message.
Then, in 2012, things took a strange and frightening turn. Because there was, in the White House, an extremely popular Democratic President, no sane Republican wanted to run against and loose to the incumbent, and the result was that a rag tag band of bat crap crazy misfits and losers emerged as the Republican field of candidates. It would seem then therefore, Bat Crap Crazy is now the norm. Donald Trump emerged as the presumptive republican party nominee, simply because everyone seeking the nomination, was in fact Bat Crap Crazy, and apparently, the Republican electorate felt at least Donald Trump was entertaining.
This, however, is not a reality show. If, God forbid, Trump were to win the presidency, he would be expected to lead this Great Nation, and nothing about either his candidacy or his career would indicate him capable of doing that. If you are a republican, who has decided that you will support the party's nominee, you need to be aware of all that comes with that endorsement.
If you choose to support Donald Trump, it means:
- You're okay with the fact that your candidate has from the beginning of his candidacy, made hateful, racist and xenophobic remarks
- You're okay with the fact that your candidate is an outspoken misogynist
- If you claim to stand for family values, and you support Donald Trump, then you're okay with the fact that in the early 90's, he made it a point to be nightly seen with his mistress (Marla Maples), purposely humiliating the mother of his children.
- If you support Trump because you think he's a great business man, then you're willing to ignore the fact that he has filed for bankruptcy four (4) times.
- You're okay with the fact that Trump University purposely, unscrupulously and systematically took millions of dollars from thousands of hard working Americans and delivered little or nothing in return.
- You're okay that Trump refused to disavow David Duke of the Ku Klux Klan, claiming he's not familiar with white supremacy
- You're okay with the fact that Trump said that women who seek abortions should be punished, but suggested no such punishment for the men who impregnated those women.
- You're okay with the fact he wants to ban all Muslims from entering America "Until our representatives can figure out what the hell is going on"
- You're okay with the fact that he would reduce the national debt, by forcing bond holders to accept less that 100% on the dollar. In case you're not paying attention, that means nobody else would loan money to America, since they would know up front they're not getting they're money back
- You're okay with the fact that he wants to build a wall along our southern border, and make Mexico pay for it.
- You're okay with the fact that he refused to participate in a Fox News debate, because Megyn Kelly asked him a question that he didn't like. You're further okay with the rude, crude and socially unattractive remarks he made about Megyn Kelly since and in response to that incident.
- You're okay that he would "... bring back waterboarding and ... bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding."
- You're okay that while he continuously bragged that he was "self funding" his campaign, he took in over $5,000,000 from contributors.
- You're okay that he insisted that he personally saw "thousands" of Muslims celebration on September 11th. (He didn't).
- You're okay that he said John McCain was only a war hero because he was captured, and that McCain has done nothing for veterans. (Veterans disagree).
On Thursday, June 2, Trump said in an interview that U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the Trump University litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Four days later, Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and a gang of other prominent republicans announced that Trump's remarks were racist. While Lindsey Graham withdrew his endorsement, Paul Ryan called Trump's statement 'a text book example of racism', yet announced he still supports Trump. (A note to all of the suddenly appalled republican leaders, it took you four (4) days to decide that what Trump said was racist, and where were you last year when he said that all Mexicans are rapists?)
In conclusion, if after all that has happened so far, and all that will happen between now and November, if you consider yourself to be a upright citizen, sincere at heart, and you continue to support Donald Trump, you need to summon to your aid, all of your fortitude, and ask yourself if supporting Trump is worth surrendering your mortal soul to Satan forever and forevermore.